What are the types of groups?
- Family — A group of family members.
- Group home or day training & habilitation center — A group of individuals who reside, work, or have a connection to a group home or day training & habilitation center.
- School — A group of students, staff, and individuals who have a connection to a school.
- Senior center — A group of individuals who reside, work, or have a connection to a senior center.
- Organization — A group of individuals who work for or have a connection to an organization.
- Apartment — A group of individuals who live, work, or have a connection to an apartment complex, such as a senior living community.
- Worksite — A group of individuals who work or have a connection to a worksite.
- Walking buddies —Individuals who share a connection and want to form a group.
For all groups, the group administrator can edit account information and activities only for the members of the group. In addition, the group administrator of a family group or group home or day training & habilitation center can add group members.
How do I create a group?
First register for the Step To It Challenge as an individual. Then, create the group on your My Account page.
How do I join an existing group?
After you create your individual account, click Join Groups on the left navigation menu. A list of existing groups will appear. Find the group that you want to join, and click Join. Once the group administrator accepts your request, you will become an active member of the group.
Because we respect your privacy, we do not list Family groups or adult support organizations such as group homes or day training and habilitation centers on the Join Groups page. Family group administrators can create accounts for new members, who will be automatically added to their family group. If you have already created an account and wish to join an existing family group, email email@example.com with your user name and the name of the family group you wish to join.
Can I change groups?
You can join another group or remove yourself from a group. To join a group, refer to the above instructions. To remove yourself from a group, go to your My Account page. In the Group Membership section, click the Leave Group link for the group from which you want to be removed. Your steps will be removed from the group total.
Can I join multiple groups?
You can join as many groups as you like; however, you can only accumulate steps for one community.
Can I see my own totals plus my group totals?
Individual and group totals are shown on your My Activity page.
Can I enter steps for my group members?
Only a family group administrator and a group home or DT&H group administrator can enter steps for their members.
Will joining a group increase my chance of winning a prize
Joining a group does not increase your chance of winning a prize.