Create a walking route
Sometimes it’s easier to check out new places to walk when you know where you are going. Try these tips to figure out where you want to go:
- Think about where you want to walk — near your workplace or home?
- Do you want an outdoor route, indoor route, or both?
- If you want an indoor route, is there a map of the building you can use?
- How long of a route would you like — time? distance?
- Are there some local landmarks or places of interest you could include on the route (for example, farmers’ market, lake, benches, garden, river)?
- If you would like to measure how long it takes to walk your route, remember to note your start and end time.